Trouble Viewing this Video?. Click Here
Click “Read More” to see the full recipe!.
1 can of coconut milk
3 egg yolks
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
½ cup xylitol, powdered in a coffee grinder or blender
¼ teaspoon salt
1-tablespoon arrowroot powder
For Darker Version, add:
3 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
1-tablespoon coconut oil
1 packet stevia (or more to taste)
1. Pour coconut milk into a bowl and stir with a whisk. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks until smooth. While continuing to whisk, pour in about 1/3 of the coconut milk. Add the unsweetened cocoa and whisk very well, until thoroughly combined with no remaining lumps.
2. Put the remaining coconut milk, along with the xylitol, salt, and arrowroot powder into a medium saucepan. Whisk to combine and set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is hot and just beginning to thicken.
3. Very slowly, while whisking constantly, begin to stream the hot coconut milk mixture into the egg yolks/cocoa mixture. (Since this process will take both hands, it is helpful to place the bowl on a dishtowel to keep if from spinning.)
4. When most of the hot mixture has been added, pour the mixture from the bowl back into the saucepan and place the pan back on the stove. Continue to cook over medium heat until mixture becomes quite thick, about 3-4 minutes more.
5. Pour into individual ramekins and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least two hours, and eat. (To prevent a skin from forming on the top, you may cover each dish with plastic wrap or waxed paper pressed right on top of the pudding.
Deep Dark Chocolate Pudding
Finely chop 3 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
Follow above directions through step #4.
6. Remove pudding from heat
7. Add chopped chocolate and coconut oil to hot mixture and continue to stir until melted smooth
8. Add stevia, one packet or more according to your taste
9. Pour into individual ramekins and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and set, at least two hours
(To prevent a skin from forming on the top, you may cover each dish with plastic wrap pressed right on top of the pudding.)