Tom Brady & Gisele’s Strict Diet: Not Quite As Perfect As Everyone Thinks

tom-brady-new-diet

{flike}

For the past few days, the internet has been a-buzz over the recently released diet of Tom Brady, NFL quarterback of the New England Patriots, and his super-model wife, Gisele Bündchen.

To say that Tom and Gisele do not eat the standard American Diet would be quite the understatement––no sugar, white flour, caffeine, MSG. In a recent interview, their personal chef outlined many of the rules he follows when planning the meals for the celebrity couple and their family. Allen Campbell states that, “80 percent of what they eat is vegetables. I buy the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic I don’t use it. And whole grains: Brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats…. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon.”

He goes on to list more foods that are off limits; excluded foods include tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and eggplant. Campbell says that Tom, “… Prefers not to eat fruit.” He also says that the family sticks to gluten-free everything, meaning many grains are excluded from their diet, as is dairy. For most of America, there went nearly their entire diet!

Adherents to the Kaufmann 1 Diet will recognize much of this as sound advice.  

 

Tom, “… Prefers not to eat fruit.” He also says that the family sticks to gluten-free everything

Much of it, in fact, sounds like the Kaufmann 1 Diet! No sugar, limited fruits, no grains or white flour––these are all tenants of the Kaufmann 1 and Two Diet. The exclusion of fungus and yeast from their diet is also notable, in terms of its relationship to Kaufmann 1. 

chef-prepping

The Kaufmann 1 Diet certainly takes contention with the whole grains aspect of the diet. While it is generally recognized that whole grains are healthier than processed grains, one key piece to the puzzle is missing. According to published research, certain foods in our food supply, including grains, are susceptible to mycotoxin contamination. 

These mycotoxins are fungal byproducts, and some are rated among the most toxic, naturally-occurring chemicals on the planet.

The Kaufmann 1 Diet seeks to prevent exposure to these poisons, and for that reason, grains––including whole grains––are eliminated from the diet, along with legumes, pistachios and peanuts.

So is Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen’s diet perfect? In light of what many Americans eat, it is certainly pretty stellar––a diet that would promote health rather than detract from it. One must wonder though, if they or their chef knew about the research done on mycotoxins in our food if their might be a few changes made to the family’s menu.

{module CYWTGH}

{flike}
{fcomments} 

Share on facebook
Share on Facebook
Share on reddit
Share on Reddit
Share on email
Share via Email
Share on twitter
Share on Twitter

Leave a Reply

Recent Articles

Featured Sponsor

Watch Us

Follow Us

Doug's Books

Doug Kaufmann has written many books that cover a full range or health issues. Find out which of his books best suits you by clicking the button below.

The Kaufmann Diet

Doug Kaufmann developed his diet after years studying the clinical effects of pathogenic fungi on the body. Fungi and yeasts can become parasitic organisms on and inside our body, causing health problems that can be difficult to diagnose. Learn more about the Kaufmann Diet, change your life and know the cause.

The Science of Fungus

We encourage all visitors to this site to take some time and study these technical articles prior to initiating lifestyle changes, including dietary changes and to do so with their physician’s awareness and approval. The articles posted in this link are scientific and with few exceptions are taken from medical journals familiar to healthcare workers.

Our Healthy Recipes

Looking for help assembling antifungal Kaufmann Diet approved recipes for breakfast, lunch or dinner? We have several videos, books and recipe write ups here on Know the Cause that will help your health journey. The recipes in this section are so good, you’ll feel like you’re indulging. No sacrifice needed! Enjoy.

Sign-up for our newsletter and get the latest content from Know the Cause.