Gluten-free and sugar-free! Smooth creamy almond butter with a touch of buckwheat flour makes for a protein and fiber packed cookie that does more than just satisfy the sweet tooth!
• 2 large organic eggs
• 1 cup raw unsalted creamy almond butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
• 12 drops KAL liquid stevia
• ½ cup xylitol
• ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ cup shredded dried coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 cookie sheets (I use an 18 x 13 cookie sheet) with parchment paper. (I use the same parchment paper later to store them)
2. Beat eggs with an electric-mixer in a medium bowl and then add rest of liquid ingredients. Do not mix the rest of the wet ingredients together.
3. Add dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk together. Then combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well with an electric-mixer until thoroughly mixed. At first it will seem too dry, but keep mixing and it will form into a thick, fudge-like dough.
4. I use a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop to evenly portion out the dough onto a cookie sheet. Just leave the dough in round balls, no need to press. They will cook into perfectly round 3” cookies.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350°. The cookies will be soft and moist on the inside. It’s a little hard to tell when they are golden brown because they are already brown…so I tend to cook them about 12 minutes so they are gooey and moist!
6. Cool the cookies while leaving them on the cookie sheet placed on a wire rack.
7. After they are completely cooled use parchment paper to separate them and store in a Ziploc bag.
Makes 16-18 cookies
These freeze great too and no need for thawing, so you always have a sweet treat on hand to satisfy those cravings!
Kaufmann 2 Friendly because of the cooca