These are delicious and kid approved! A healthy version of fried chicken fingers, they look exactly the same, minus all the grease. Pair with carrot fries and a Kaufmann 1 friendly ketchup or yogurt ranch dip. Another option is to use them to top a beautiful salad for a healthy satisfying meal. By Kristin Kons
· Cooking oil spray
· 2 cups blanched almond flour*
· 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
· 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt, I love Mama Garlic by Frontier
· 1 teaspoon dry mustard
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 large egg
· 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders (or cut chicken breast into strips)
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper. Set an ovenproof wire cooling rack on each baking sheet and coat
it with cooking spray. Or if you don’t have wire racks use parchment paper and flip half way through cooking.
2. Add almond flour, paprika, dry mustard, garlic salt and pepper in a gallon Ziploc bag.
3. Whisk egg in a second shallow dish. One at a time, add chicken tender and coat both sides thoroughly. Transfer to the almond mixture and coat evenly.
4. Place each tender on the prepared rack.
5. Discard any remaining egg and almond mixture.
6. Bake the chicken fingers until golden brown, crispy and no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
6-8 servings – great for leftovers the next day on a salad
Kaufmann 1 Friendly